What Makes This Event So Much Fun?….. The Rules
This tournament is packed! ALL GAMES WILL START ON TIME. We did our best to keep Coed and Men’s from conflicting, but at some point it will – especially if games run behind. The Men’s and Coed divisions will be treated as separate tournaments. We will NOT hold one division to wait for another game in the other division to finish. Games go on as scheduled. If you can’t field a legal lineup at original game time the game will be considered an immediate forfeit.
Must SPIN WHEEL 20 MINUTES BEFORE GAME TIME! If you don’t you will lose your homeruns for that game. Time will be kept by universal iPhone time. Games can begin up to 15 minutes early. See rules below for further explanation.
ALL PROTESTS WILL BE $100 CASH. If you lose your protest, you lose the $100. All roster protests must take place prior to the conclusion of the 2nd inning, or immediately after the player enters the game.
FINALLY, this tournament has ridiculous rules. The Arseway Wheel has several new rules and we can’t wait for you to see them. They will be revealed when you spin. It is a blast! Have fun!
1. No new inning after 50 minutes.
2. Men start with a 1-1 count with a no foul to give.
3. Women start with a 1-1 count with a foul to give.
4. Each team will be allowed 2 homeruns- women’s homeruns will not count toward the homerun count.
5. Before each game your team will designate a player as the unlimited homerun hitter. That player may hit as many homeruns without penalty and it will not count against your team’s homerun total. If your homerun hitter is walked, then the next male batter in your lineup may hit a homerun without penalty in their next at-bat. In Coed games, no matter how many outs, the girl has the option to walk if the designated homerun hitter is walked.
6. !!IMPORTANT!! GET PINCHED RULE! HIT A DEAD BALL OUT (DBO) OVER THE FENCE AFTER YOUR TEAM’S HOMERUNS ARE USED UP, AN OUT WILL BE RECORDED, YOUR TEAM WILL LOSE A RUN AND THE BASES WILL CLEAR … PINCH … OUCH! HOWEVER, IF THE MAD HATTER RULE IS IN EFFECT AND THE MAD HATTER HITS A DBO, YOUR TEAM WILL LOSE 2 RUNS…DOUBLE PINCH….DOUBLE OUCH!! DON’T HIT A DBO
7. Mercy Rule- 20 after 3. 15 after 4. 10 after 5 – NO FLIP FLOPS
8. Any player caught using a modified bat will be ejected from the tournament, and subject to all future Boneyard Blast events.
9. One courtesy runner per inning- per gender – can be anyone in the lineup – gender specific.
10. ONLY CURRENT ASA BATS WILL BE ALLOWED
11. Coed Rosters
(one of the following scenarios)
Coed teams rosters rankings based the following point system:
Can have 3 points max!
Women Players = 0 points
E or below = 0 points
D or D+ = 1 point each
C = 2 points each
NO B or higher male players
12. Men’s Rosters
(one of the following scenarios)
Men’s teams rosters rankings based the following point system:
Can have 4 points max!
E or below = 0 points
D or D+ = 1 point each
C = 2 points each
NO B or higher players
13. Roster information taken from National USSSA / All World rankings – For player rankings click here
14. If a player is caught playing for a team without being listed on their roster, the team will forfeit the game in question. A 2nd offense on a team and/or player will result in being eliminated from tournament play.
15. If a player is caught being rostered on more than one team in the same division, that player will be ejected from tournament play.
16. VERY IMPORTANT! After you turn in your roster and registration fee before your first game, you will be given a receipt. This receipt MUST be presented to the umpire before your FIRST game. If you do not have your receipt, your game will not begin and it will be considered a forfeit. YOU MUST HAVE FULL PAYMENT IN BEFORE YOUR FIRST GAME.
17. Must spin Arseway Wheel before each game. If Arseway Wheel is not spun, penalty will occur (see Arseway Rules – Next Page)
18. Men’s & Coed teams may bat up to 12 players. Coed may not bat 11. Coed bats 9, 10, or 12.
19. COED Defensive alignment: Must have max of 5 women or max of 5 men… can play ANYWHERE.
20. Teams must be ready to play 15 minutes early as Umpires have the right to start 15 minutes early. If a game can start early, 1 Run will be awarded to the team that is ready per five minutes that your team can’t field a legal lineup. If a team can’t field a legal lineup at the original start time (as determined by the umpire), the games will be considered an immediate forfeit.
21. The Tournament has the right to modify game start times and rules pending on weather or miscellaneous incidents
- Extra inning games will be played after time has expired (or the end of the 7th inning of course).
2. Extra innings will be played with only 1 pitch per batter with NO foul to give. The strike out rule (Brutal rule) will not be effect. Ball =
a walk. Strike = out. You will start each inning off with a player on second base (the last BATTER from previous inning).
3. International Tie-breaker Rules (with the exception of other unique tourney rules).
4. A maximum of ten runs per half inning will be allowed in extra innings. (if the away team scores 10 runs in the top of the inning, the half inning will stop and home team will have a chance to match.)
We Opened a 2nd Complex – How Will it Work?
All teams that were already registered in this year’s Dublin Dirty (w/paid deposit) before the original sell out date of December 29th, 2017 are guaranteed to start at Golden Eagle Park. The additional 32 teams registered after January 9th, 2018 will start the tournament at Shadow Mountain. Teams at Golden Eagle Park may lose their way into the “Clover” bracket which will be played at Shadow Mountain late Saturday and throughout the day on Sunday. Teams who start at Shadow Mountain and who win enough games . . . will be moved to the “Pot of Gold” bracket at Golden Eagle Park late Saturday and into Sunday. If a spot opens up before the tournament in the Golden Eagle bracket we will move teams from Shadow Mountain bracket to Golden Eagle based upon the original wait list order.
Typically the weather is great over Saint Patricks Day weekend, but you never know. Golden Eagle Park is an all field turf complex, Shadow Mountain is a dirt complex. We will not allow the dirt complex to effect the Golden Eagle brackets or the teams who are already registered. Golden Eagle Park games will take place almost under any weather circumstances. In the unlikely event that the weather forecast looks like it may affect the dirt fields (Shadow Mountain), we will cancel that bracket, refund all 32 teams starting at that complex, and will continue with the original field/tournament at Gold Eagle Regional Park. Again, in the unlikely event that weather potentially cancels the Shadow Mountain bracket, we will do our best to make the cancellation notice by Wednesday, March 14th at 5pm at the latest.
50% refund if rained out with one game – 25% refund with two games played.
No refund if rained out with three or more games played
Get Pinched Rule
Hit a Dead Ball Out (DBO) in fair territory over the outfield fence after you teams homeruns are used up, an out will be recorded. Your team will lose a run and the bases will clear. PINCH… OUCH! However, if the Mad Hatter Rule is in Effect and the Mad Hatter hits a DBO in fair territory over the outfield fence, your team will lose 2 runs… DOUBLE PINCH… DOUBLE OUCH! Don’t hit a DBO.
The Arseway Wheel
Before each game, each team spins the big Irish wheel for luck. Could be prizes, advantages, disadvantages- You’ll see…it’s a
surprise. (ex: includes extra homeruns, defensive players, etc.)
- You will receive the benefits or non-benefits for that game only.
- The last team to spin will receive the game card from tourney staff that will then be handed to the umpire before the game begins.
- Each team’s representative, spinning the wheel, must be at the wheel no later than 20 minutes prior to game time on
bracket (remember, games can begin 15 minutes early…BASIC RULES #17). WE ADVISE completing the spin 30 minutes
prior to bracket scheduled game time.
- IMPORTANT- if a team representative is not present to spin the wheel 20 minutes before game time, that team will get
ZERO HOMERUNS FOR THAT NEXT GAME. Tournament staff will then walk game card up to field and hand to Umpire.
AGAIN, WE ADVISE completing the spin 30 minutes prior to bracket scheduled game time. Time kept at arseway wheel via
universal iphone time.
- New this year… a true leprechaun will come into the play that will effect your team. Details are being kept under wraps for now.
The Lag Rule
Before each game, teams unite with ump to Lag for home or visitor. If a team’s Lag is touching the pitching mound rubber
(white), that team will be rewarded 2 RUNS automatically- BOOM! Zero coin flips allowed regardless of if all parties agree…100% LAG RULE.
For $10 (purchased at the registration booth) each team can use 1 mulligan chip per game.
- On offense, if you are dissatisfied with your at bat, you may use your mulligan chip to hit again….you hand your chip to the Umpire
and the Ump will hole-punch the chip and hand it to the opposing team on defense.
- On defense, if you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the previous play, you may use your mulligan chip to make their hitter hit
again….you hand your chip to the Umpire and the Ump will hole-punch the chip and hand it to the opposing team on offense.
- In both cases (c & d above) the play will reset & any base runner will return to their previous position & the pitch count will start over.
- You must use your mulligan chip immediately following the play- before the next pitch.
- YOU MAY NOT TRUMP A MULLIGAN CHIP. Mulligan chips may not be used to erase a previous mulligan chip. For example, if
the offense uses a mulligan chip and improves their at bat, the defense may not use a mulligan chip to make the hitter bat for a third
time or vise versa.
- If you do not use your mulligan chip, you may return for a refund.
- When you receive a used ‘hole-punched’ chip from your opponent who challenged a play during the game, you can take that
chip and redeem it upstairs at Red’s Bar & Grill or Buffalo Wild Wings at Legends Marina for a FREE Coors Light or Killian’s Irish
Red beer…you’re welcome.
The Irish Inning
The Irish inning is the 3rd inning.
a.The Irish inning is the 3rd inning.
b. After the second out is recorded, the very next batter (Mad Hatter) will count as two runs if they score. If the batter is the Mad Hatter
and he/she hits a legal homerun over the fence, all base runners (including the batter) will count as double.
c. The batter/Mad Hatter MUST wear a visibly noticeable Irish themed Hat for the rule to count. Each team will receive a free Irish Hat.
d. Mulligan chips MAY be used for this at bat.
e. Mad Hatter (if he/she reaches base) MAY use a courtesy runner if still available
f. DBO Rule applies (-2 runs) if Mad Hatter hits DBO. (see Basic Rules #6)
The Brutal Rule
a. If the batter, male or female, strikes out or fouls out, the opposing team will receive one run.
b. If the foul out is caught… it will not count as a strike out … ball must hit the ground.
c. If the Mad Hatter is the batter that strikes out, you lose 2 runs (vs. -1 for any other batter).
d. A MULLIGAN CHIP MAY NOT BE USED FOR ANY STRIKEOUTS PERIOD!!